One.


Adventures in Tripoli, Libya

Epilogue






















Its been close to two weeks since I have returned from Libya after a long and tiresome journey back home. I still cannot accurately describe my experience except that it was both an outward physical journey across the world and an inward journey forcing me to step outside of my daily life back in California and really look within myself and see who I truly am and who I must become. This is perhaps the more important and lasting wisdom I will come away with. I could continue to describe Libya and my various experiences and observations, but I feel more important is to share my inner experience. It has always been amusing to me that man will look far and wide for the answers when all he must really do is look within himself... but the journey is what helped awaken the realization... for he would have never realized this without taking the journey... How true is the statement: "Wherever you go, there you are." In the end it is only to find ourselves that we seek.

I have tried to keep the memories fresh within my mind and remind myself of my experience, but it still remains elusive. While I was in Libya, my life in California became a distant dream, some strange reality that I used to be a part of... and now that I have returned it is precisely the opposite. My experience in Libya is now just a fading memory fighting to stay golden in my conscience.

The path I traverse is finite and it will come to an end. Though I do not see where it leads yet, as in the midst of my travels, I know I must return to where I started to remember why I chose to walk this path. Strange it is, but perhaps there is beauty in this occurence. Everything happens precisely as it should, and all I know is that wherever my path leads, I must never forget. I must never forget why. I must never forget the Glory of God, for if I do, then I have forgotten my own self.


Libya... Until Next time... God Willing...

















0 Responses to “Adventures in Tripoli, Libya”

Post a Comment